Planetary Updates!Posted on October 13th, 2011 No comments
The most amazing update for Fractal Terrains 3 is the option to export to Google Earth! As well as faster refresh and draw time!
So what is new in Fractal Terrains 3?
- CC3, Google Earth, Cosmographer 3 and 16-bit PNG export.
- Screen rendering on mulitcore processors is twice as fast or more.
- The complex mathematical operations used in Fractal Terrains are up to 20% faster.
- Performance scales better with the number of processors available on the system.
- The interface has been improved with a variety of themes.
- Added texture-based climate shader which works on sea areas.
- Added normalize tool to manually fix problems with painting in earlier versions that could cause black areas to appear on the world.
- Many niggles and bugs fixed and export libraries updated.
Price: 32.95 (27.95 for download only)
Fractal Terrains 3 is perfect as stand alone or if you own Campaign Cartographer 3 and any of the add-on software you can export your maps to scale! This is a HUGE time saver if you are making several different overland maps to scale!
AstroSynthesis allows you to create an entire galaxy all in 3D! Star Coordinates, System Generator, Planet Maps, Animations, Search Functions and so much more! You can even choose to use the built in Planet Generator or Profantasy’s Fractal Terrains!
So what is new in version 3?
- New Integrated Orbital Display
- Multiple Star System Display
- Flexible System Generator
- Fixed-Number Star System Generation
- On the Fly Surface Map Generation
- 3D Models
- Background Images
- Anti-Aliased Graphics
- Natural Language Search
- Sector Date and Time Tracking
- Travel Calculator
- Video Recording / Movie Making
- New Storage Engine
- Automatic Updater
- Better Windows 7/ Vista support
Price: $34.95 US (download only) or $20.00 to upgrade
I have been using both programs since they first came out and I have been pleased to purchase every upgrade that has come out since. If you play any space faring game such as GURPS, Serenity, Traveller, RIFTS, or any other type of game then these programs are for you! I even use AstroSynthesis for my Fantasy campaign as I use it to figure out the position of the planets and stars!
Are you a wargamer instead? I also use AstroSynthesis for campaigns in my Warhammer 40,000 games. AstroSynthesis is perfect for generating the systems that we play over, distances and travel time then export to CC3 for local maps with Cosmographer 3. The possibilities of these two products is almost endless!
I would also like to add that both companies have amazing customer service. I’ve never had a problem with them answering questions that I have had in the past.
Get over to their respected web pages and read more about these amazing products!
Leave a reply