Author Topic: Current projects  (Read 3810 times)

parvus_machina

• View Profile
Current projects
« on: October 17, 2007, 05:50:17 AM »
What are you currently working on?

Me?.....I am working on 3 mounted Knights of Uren from Rackham.  This is a commission job for a long time customer of mine.  Pretty much every dwarf I have ever done from Rackham is owned by this customer.  Right now I am kind of stuck.

THe mounts are boars.  On one, the tusks were "deformed" and I ended up cutting them off with the intent of pinning on different ones.  I haven't had much luck finding spiky bits to use for good tusks and my sculpting skills are VERY limited (gap filing mainly).  If anyone has any ideas, let me know!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by parvus_machina »
================
My Web Site
My CMON rating]

IbsontheGrey

• View Profile
    • Ibson's Dungeons' Adventures
Re:Current projects
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 03:50:43 PM »
A 'broken' tusk look would be cool, maybe with a little blood on the tip. Wouldn't need to do the whole thing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by IbsontheGrey »
Ibson the Grey   8)
"Pity I was born 500 years too late, I'd been a great knight!"
Mage Spawn! Shoot'em all... let GOD sort it out!
--------
Visit Ibson's Dungeons' Adventures, NOW!

WyvernEye

• View Profile
Re:Current projects
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 02:04:04 AM »
I am on wizard two of 8 for a friend of mine, working on my second in command Necromancer, and assembling my Grave guard born of Brett. men at arms and skeletal bits. 25 guards for $30 vs. (is it 16?) real ones at about $95 I think.

Broken tusks are cool! I have on fig once with a bubble in the casting so had a gap in his head. It was a Gene Hybred. I painted it too look like gushy brains. Turned out neat. A broken tusk would definately add to it. Make it the champion and add some bits around the ground so it looks "special" as if you did it on purpose :-)

I wonder if it would look crazy if you put metal spikes on where the horns were if it could be the champ? Sometimes masterpieces are born from numbskull ideas...

J
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by WyvernEye »