Book Club > Books (all genres)

The Dark Glory War

(1/1)

Ardvark:
I just got through reading "The Dark Glory War" by Michael A. Stackpole.  It is a very good book.  It is the prequel to the "Dragoncrown War Cycle".  Looks like this is going to be another winner by Stackpole.  I like just about all that he writes.

Anyone else out there read the book?  I am going to be getting the rest to read very soon.:woohoo:

Highland_Piper:
I've read a few of his Battletech and Mechwarrior: Dark Age books, one or two of his Star Wars books, but that's it.  I did enjoy the Battletech books.

I will look into the "Dragoncrown War Cycle".  Thanks for pointing it out.

Ardvark:
I just finished the whole set of books.  "The Dark Glory War", "Fortress Draconis", "When Dragons Rage", and "The Grand Crusade".  They are all very good.  It got a little long and I had to trudge through in a few places, but overall I liked them.  They are an Epic set, so if you are looking for a quick read these are not the ones, but if you are looking for something that will keep you busy for a while then this is the set.
Good reading,
Ardvark

rob:
Does the story end or does it go on forever like the Wheel of Time books (AKA The 700 page books of Women Bitching Series)?

Ardvark:
It does end.  Stackpole does a good job.  It  does leave things open for some spin off stories if he wanted to.
I too gave up on Wheel of Time.  After book four I quite.  Too much talking and no action.  Plus the main guy just needed to get busy, and take charge.  :twisted:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version