Author Topic: Percy Gloom  (Read 3493 times)

redeye

• View Profile
Percy Gloom
« on: July 11, 2008, 01:55:51 PM »

http://www.percygloom.com/

This INDY black and white gem is a story of overcoming depression and adversity in a world that doesn't always make much sense to those surviving in it. The setting is a fantastical city of mischief, mayhem, confusion, friendships, and underground cannibal religious movements. The art is carefully drawn and mixes a simple ‘cartoon’ style with thick lines and deep shadows. Cathy Malkasian has done a tribute to the sequential art medium, making this one of the books that should be on your book shelf.

Fantagraphics has again put together another fine package, making the book feel like a unique experience while you hold it in your hands. The Hardbound cover, tough spine and oversize pages feel just right while you read.

Many funny moments arise between Percy and his Mother – a famous inventor. Percy is full of questions which bring on panic and other anxiety issues. It is almost as if his personality is a bit of everyone. I found it very easy to get lost in this story and did not long for it to end.

At $18.95 it competes with other trades on the rack. If you are a Marvel or DC fanboy I plead with you to step outside the superhero genre and give something fantastical a chance. There are so much more to comics than the style of books that America made popular.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by redeye »

rob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dungeoncrawlers.com
Re:Percy Gloom
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 08:31:34 PM »
The amazon link: Percy Gloom

It looks interesting. I'm getting more into graphic novels.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by rob »

patsm00re18

• View Profile
Re: Percy Gloom
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 04:32:06 AM »

casseverhart13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 02:32:07 AM »

AnnaS.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 11:03:49 AM »
Thanks for always posting here an update. I'm a visitor of your site, looking forward to more posts from here.| Click here