Other Games > Pirates of the Cursed Seas

Pirates Ocean Terrain Contest

(1/5) > >>

RedSkullz:
Here is a thread for all who would like to join the "Ocean Terrain Contest". This post will be spread around on all of the Pirates of the Cursed Seas fansites to get as many entries as possible.

Duration of Contest:
Starts on January 1st 2009
Ends on July 1st 2009 (hopefully 6 months will allow ample time to complete the project)
(any boards made before now Will be allowed as entries)

Board Size Restriction:
3'X3' or bigger
Islands (any amount, and any size)
Any amount of boards will be allowed as seperate entries.(so if you want to make 2 or more boards go for it!)

Prizes:
There will be a prize for the 1st place winner. I will be supplying the prizes that will consist of the winners choice of:
1 LE Ship or Crew +
1 SE Ship +
2 Rare Ships or Crew +
10 Uncommons +
20 Commons
I will be listing the prize options once it gets closer to the end of the contest. I will be also placing an entry in the contest, but if my board takes 1st place i will be offering the prize to the 2nd place entry. If anyone would like to donate prize support for this contest, please send me a PM with a list close to the end of the contest. (only requested ships/crew chosen by the winner will be sent directly to the winner of the contest) I will have a seperate list of donated cards to avoid any confusion.
If the winner of the contest has a hardcore collection of pirates already and collects other games, lmk and i'll see what else i can come up with.

The winner will be decided by an open voting process on www.miniaturetrading.com
The winner will be decided on voting of:
1 Visual Apprearance
2 Playability
3 Originality
4 Ingenuity/resourcefulness of materials used
5 ?? (any other ideas from anyone?)

Please sign up here if you would like to join, or if you have any ideas on the contest!!

Ardvark:
I am not good enough to compete, but I think it is a great idea.  So I will donate some prizes, like the "Raptor Maw" Sea Dragon #226 and the "Flying Dutchman" boat #300.  Just to name a few.

RedSkullz I will contact you directly with a more complete list.

Good luck everyone. B)

RedSkullz:

--- Quote from: "Ardvark" ---I am not good enough to compete, but I think it is a great idea.  So I will donate some prizes, like the "Raptor Maw" Sea Dragon #226 and the "Flying Dutchman" boat #300.  Just to name a few.

RedSkullz I will contact you directly with a more complete list.

Good luck everyone. B)
--- End quote ---

That rocks...thanks Ardvark!! I could see a few more people joining with Raptor Maw being a prize option!! So far there is 4 contestants other than myself. I hope to see about 10 total.

RedSkullz:
Contestants are up to 9!

IbsontheGrey:
Is this 'designed' to be 'one-off' fully 3D stuff or are you looking for something printable (terrain that everyone could then download and use).

I'm sure I could whip up a neat looking printable one by then but no time to even think about building a 3D version.

Cheers!

Ibson

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version