Author Topic: 9 Dragons  (Read 3464 times)

Highland_Piper

• View Profile
9 Dragons
« on: May 31, 2007, 08:21:49 PM »
9 Dragons

From Wikipedia
9Dragons is a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) published by Korean game company Indy21 and remastered for the Western Market by Acclaim Games. The game features 3D graphics and traditional MMO control schemes. Set in China during the Ming Dynasty, it includes actual Chinese geography and historical features such as the Great Wall of China and the famous Shaolin Temple.

The Clans a player may join in 9Dragons are based upon various schools of Kung Fu and are separated into two major factions, The White Clans (loyal to the Imperial Emperor) and The Black Clans (who have no allegiance to him). The White Clans include: Shaolin (male disciples only), Wu-Tang Clan, and The League of Beggars. The Black Clans include: Sacred Flower (female disciples only), The Brotherhood of Thieves, and Heavenly Demon Clan. Each Clan has its own speerate but very similar requirements for admission.

I've been playing 9 Dragons for a couple of weeks now and I really like it.  I'm playing Shaolin (I'm learning Shaolin Kung Fu so it was a personal choice) and it sure has been an experience!

Pro's

Descent Graphics
    It's Free
    Game Controls are simple
    Combat is fun

Con's

Allowed to have 3 characters but it only lets you make one
    Some of the abilities are not described well and will take you a while to figure them out
    The Ranking system is not described well
    The video tutorials are in
Engrish so when they say things like Character it comes out Char-act-er sounding like Karrecter[/list]
    Quests can be repetitive go fetch this, go kill 5 of this

I give it three cools and a kiss B) B) B) :kiss:<br><br>Post edited by: Highland_Piper, at: 2007/05/31 21:23
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Highland_Piper »

rob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dungeoncrawlers.com
Re:9 Dragons
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 12:34:13 AM »
When I get a chance, I'm going to try this on my laptop. That's my main machine that I use for web stuff and 3d rendering so it's not a wimpy box but doesn't have the 3d bells and whistles that games sometimes need.

My game box (which runs Oblivion no problem) is upstairs so I hardly use it. If I put it on there, I'd hardly use it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by rob »

Highland_Piper

• View Profile
Re:9 Dragons
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »
Got back into playing 9Dragons.  If you want to play with me I'm normally on the USA/North America server (Nirvana I think it's called) and my character is called Monkey_King
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Highland_Piper »