Author Topic: My 40K Blog  (Read 4146 times)

Highland_Piper

• View Profile
My 40K Blog
« on: April 05, 2012, 02:25:59 AM »
Hey all.  I started a 40k blog.  You can find it here

http://highland-piper.blogspot.co.uk/

Just something for me and Bloodydrunk to post about our games and terrain stuff.  Links will come back to DC of course!

Highland_Piper

• View Profile
Re: My 40K Blog
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 11:49:46 PM »
I've been really tired of playing epic games so I've started to play smaller games.  This was an experimental game.  The CSM are attempting a raiding party against this Space Wolves Supply depot.  There are three crates and the CSM must take them back to their deployment zone.  Simple? 

Space Wolves - 500 pts.

1 Wolf Guard with Wolf Claw, Combi-Plasma Gun, and Melta-Bomb
    10 Grey Hunters with 2 Meltas, 1 plasma pistol
    15 Blood Claws (what else do you need?)

Chaos Space Marines - 500 pts.

Daemon Prince
    5 Chaos Space Marines
    5 Chaos Space Marines, 1 Meltagun
    4 Raptors, 1 Aspiring Champion w/ Lightning Claws
    1 Obliterator

Turn1: Chaos gets too fancy with setup. Maneuvers as you see here, Obliterator fires plasma cannon, hits, kill 1. CSM squad on left maneuvers, fires, kills 1. Other squads move. -- SW squads maneuver. Bloodclaws fire, kill 1 on CSM squad left. Grey Hunters fire, killing one raptor. Bloodclaws charge into CSM left, killing all 4, but CSM gets lucky and takes3 with. :)

Look at all those DICE!

Turn2: CSM moves as shown, obliterator shoots at bloodclaws, kills 2. SW squads maneuver. Generally speaking a round of repositioning.

Turn3: CSM all move, Obliterator shoots down another 2 Blood Claws, Deamon Prince tries to assault the Grey Hunters but is out of range by 1/8" (Space Wolves player laughing his MKII armour off).  CSM squad claims an objective (finally).  All the Space Wolves maneuver and the Grey Hunters score a wound off the Daemon Prince (way to go Meltas!)

Turn 4: The Oblitorator kills 2 Grey Hunters with his awesome Plasma Cannon, CSM take the objective and run for their deployment zone!  Daemon Prince and Raptors assault the Grey Hunters.  DP kills 2 and Raptors kill 1.  The Grey Hunters in return fail to score a single wound, fail their morale and fall back 11 inches and regroup automatically.  The Blood Claws maneuver, the Grey Hunters shoot the Daemon Prince scoring 2 wounds followed by a ferocious charge by the Blood Claws felling the foul beast (seriously you should have seen all the dice flying!)

Turn 5: CSM move, Obliterator misses with the Plasma Cannon (first time for everything) the Raptors reposition themselves (in a bad spot I might add).  Grey Hunters shoot at Obliterator to no effect.  The Blood Claws charge the Raptors inflicting heavy casualties.

Turn 6: CSM drop the supplies in their deployment and race back into the fight!  Obliterator misses yet again with his Plasma Cannon!  The surviving Raptors continue the assault and they all die.  The Space Wolves move towards the Oblitorator, fire with 1 wound given then assault and kill it.

Space Wolf Victory!

All right not the most descriptive battle report.  I will try better next time.

IbsontheGrey

• View Profile
    • Ibson's Dungeons' Adventures
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:50:48 AM »
with all those pictures, it was beautifully described. and I don't even play the game.

cool mate!

Cheers!
Ibson the Grey   8)
"Pity I was born 500 years too late, I'd been a great knight!"
Mage Spawn! Shoot'em all... let GOD sort it out!
--------
Visit Ibson's Dungeons' Adventures, NOW!

delta_408

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 10:39:09 AM »
Nice battle report.  I like playing small games too because you don't have to worry about too many things. :)

Cheers!