Author Topic: WizKids purchased...yet again  (Read 9069 times)

Ardvark

• View Profile
Re: WizKids purchased...yet again
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 11:16:28 PM »
I am in Lesotho.  If you do not know where that is, just find South Africa and we are surrounded by SA.  I am an American living and working here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

rob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dungeoncrawlers.com
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 05:53:21 AM »
I've messaged the other member, he's also in South Africa. That's meaningless from a distance point of view but we'll see :-)

BraveSirKevin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »
Howdy... Yeah :) I'm in Johannesburg, South Africa, but that's a good 500km away from Lesotho. There are a lot of distributors in South Africa, but the market here is relatively small compared to the States and Canada, so the places tend to be understocked and over priced.

For miniatures in general (Games Workshop/Heresy/Warmachine and so on) your best bet is smellytroll.co.za. I'm pretty sure they'll ship to you at a reasonable price. For books and published materials there is Loot.co.za, and take2.co.za. Loot is the cheaper of the 2. At one stage I ordered some magic cards from them, and I recall seeing D&D minis there, so I imagine they might sell Wizkids stuff too.

Failing that, you can always order directly from the international suppliers. In general it's better to order from the European suppliers than the American ones as the American suppliers seem to have export restrictions that prevent them from shipping off the continent. European suppliers also tend to charge less for shipping cos they're closer and because the infrastructure is so widely used that it has become very cost effective.

Hope that's helpful :)

Ardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 08:48:14 AM »
Thanks for the info. I have lived here for 15 years.  I used to do a lot of shopping in Joburg.  Many of the game stores I went to have closed.  I was even a Wizkids venue when they were still going on.  I even have a few Mechs as prize support left. You want any Sir Kevin? 8)