Author Topic: Middle Earth Quest board game  (Read 6622 times)

kboleen

• View Profile
Middle Earth Quest board game
« on: August 26, 2009, 05:15:45 PM »
Has anyone played this game yet? It's been described as "similar to Descent. I haven't played Descent yet so not sure what that means though I do know Descent is a dungeon crawl game.

Here's the link to it's BoardGameGeek.com listing:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/31563

As with all FFG's stuff it looks amazing. Think I might spring for this as I love all things Lord of the Rings. I own FFG's Talisman game and I enjoy it. Well, I take that back... I own Black's Talisman 4e but all of FFG's expansions for Talisman including their 4e conversion.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest »

rob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dungeoncrawlers.com
Re: Middle Earth Quest board game
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 07:58:50 PM »
looks sweet. I haven't played descent either. couldn't justify the $100+ when I have so many unpainted mini's as it is. I do love the LoTR universe though. I'm going to see if it's in my local game store.

IbsontheGrey

• View Profile
    • Ibson's Dungeons' Adventures
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 05:42:58 PM »
I have Descent and it's a blast... and you really don't bother to paint those miniatures, they're pretty crappy ones. Just use 'em for the game.

I suspect that this is Descent using different minis. FFG, whose stuff I have plenty of, re-uses the same game concepts with different branding quite often.

I have friends really into WoW and they have all the WoW FFG games. They are very close to some of their unbranded games in terms of actual gameplay, just using locations, miniatures and items from the license. If you like LotR, give it a go, the game itself should be fun.

Cheers!
Ibson the Grey   8)
"Pity I was born 500 years too late, I'd been a great knight!"
Mage Spawn! Shoot'em all... let GOD sort it out!
--------
Visit Ibson's Dungeons' Adventures, NOW!

kboleen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 11:06:05 AM »
I got my copy of the game yesterday and WOW, it's big... and complicated. I'm going to have to read the instructions several times to understand it. This is my first FFG game. It is quite involved, I knew it would be but again, WOW. The quality of the game is outstanding: the board is firm, the cards have a textured water resistant coating, and the various chits are made of the same cardboard as the game board itself. Looking forward to play it.

rob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dungeoncrawlers.com
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 06:49:12 PM »
I haven't been able to find this game locally. I'd be interested in hearing more about it.